The Clever is truly a hybrid coffee brewer. Its design allows for a full immersion, French Press style infusion and the filter gives you a clean, sediment free cup.
What you’ll need:
- Heat the water and rinse the filter (dumping the rinse water before brewing).
- Grind your coffee on medium coarse
- Place the Clever on the scale and add the ground coffee.
- Tare the scale.
- Hit the coffee with about 60 grams of water to wet all the grounds and cause the coffee to bloom. Using your spoon or paddle, gently stir the grounds to ensure even wetness. Bloom for 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour the hot water in one continuous pour until you reach the target weight of 400 grams. Cover the Clever with the lid.
- At four minutes, remove the lid, gently stir, and place on your cup (this releases the valve and dispenses the coffee--the filter ensures a clean, sediment free cup).
- After all of the coffee has drawn down, toss the coffee into your compost and enjoy a rich delicious cup of coffee.